Saturday, March 14, 2009

Grav Superlatives

This week holds quite some significance to me. Yes it does, cos by tomorrow I would add me another year on the surface of this earth ( don’t ask me my age) and the next day I would sit(more appropriately stand) for a clinical exam that would lead me to my penultimate, making my days as a student about 22 months. 22 months away from a family’s dream, 22 months away from the Doctorate, the Hippocratic Oath, mainstream business of helping and saving lives. I can’t but say, I can’t wait!
Yet again, as I pride myself and turn out my appreciation to the Most High for making it possible for me to be quite older, i think again I near my grave. Yes am still very far away from it; I mean I have not written 14 books, married, birth children, witnessed naming ceremonies of grandchildren, handed out my daughter(s) to men in exquisite suits, buried my parents, etc.
Still quite a lot to get done o! And I don’t see death in the next 50 years (God’s willing) but the cruel fact is am much closer to my grave than I was before my last birthday.
Grave.
Gravid.
Gravity.
These three words draw out a meaning that interconnects in my mind. Apart from sharing the first four letters, they seem to remind me of something.
Grave is something we dread (myself inclusive). Frankly am not a fan. Gravidity is more like it. I once was put my mama in the place, then she gave birth to me and if not for the doctor’s intervention as I popped ( or pooped) out her birth canal (after belabouring the poor girl at that time for about 17 hours) I would fall to ground, gravity intervening( John Mayer).
So, I feel smug with my brilliant rendition( thank you, thank you) with these three words but not quite as I was when the missing link between them stumbled on my subconscious; I thought I had the imprint of a good poem!
Let me conclude by saying, I hope my pasteurized thoughts came out like it was preserved in terms of authenticity, synchronicity and relevance. Cuz really, I just dey blab. Many happy returns to me! DA

No comments:

Post a Comment